This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Peaches-n-cream macarons are another summertime favorite!
When big, fragrant peaches start to arrive at the farm stand and grocery store, this is one of my favorite uses!
I start with my Perfect Macaron Recipe and add six drops of orange gel food coloring to the meringue for a nice peach color.
These macarons have two fillings-a cream cheese frosting and a jam center. The fresh peach jam makes these macarons extra special. It’s really simple to make and only has three ingredients.
Start with diced peaches, stir in the sugar and lemon juice, then cook on low for about 30 minutes in a heavy bottom pan. The peaches will release their juices and the kitchen will smell amazing!
After 30 minutes, most of the liquid will have reduced and the peaches will start to turn more translucent. To make the mixture easier to pipe, press down on the peaches with the back of a spoon to break up most of the large pieces. Let the mixture cool before transferring to a piping bag.
The combination of the two fillings is so delicious-sweet and creamy + bright and fruity. Delicious!
For all of my baking tips, be sure to check out my blog post and recipe for Perfect Macarons!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 113 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 113 grams cream cheese room temp, Philadelphia
- 240 grams powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp milk divided
Fresh Peach Jam
- 2 peaches cut into 1/4” dice
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- juice from one lemon
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Before you begin, make sure the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, whip the room temperature butter on medium-high speed for five minutes. You will see a dramatic change-it will go from yellow to bright white and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the cream cheese. Mix for another two minutes to completely combine.
- Sift the powdered sugar and add into the mixer in two batches, scraping the sides of the bowl in between. Let the mixer run for about 4 minutes and the frosting will be thick and velvety.
- Add the vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of milk and mix to combine.
Make the Fresh Peach Jam
- Dice the peaches into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a heavy bottom pan, combine the peaches, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press down on the peaches with the back of a spoon to break up most of the large chunks. Let the jam cool before transferring to a piping bag.
Fill the Macarons
- Pair matching macaron shells and pipe the frosting onto the center of one shell. Pipe about 1/4 tsp of peach jam into the center of the frosting and cover with the matching shell.
- Let the macarons rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours before enjoying!
- If fresh peaches are not in season, uset your favorite peach jam!