This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Lucky Charms Macarons
Lucky Charms are the perfect flavor for St Patrick Day macarons. These ones are really fun because each macaron has a surprise inside.
Be sure to check out my original recipe for all of my tips!
After piping the macarons, sprinkle over a few Wilton Edible Gold Glitter Stars.
Lucky Charm Macaron Filling
The filling is a bright yellow buttercream with a lucky surprise.
I pipe a nice round of filling onto one of the shells and press one marshmallow charm into the center. When you take a bite, the marshmallow is such a fun surprise!
After you have filled the macarons, let them sit for a day or two. Something magical happens-the filling and the shells merge to form the perfect texture! Be sure to check out my Perfect Macaron Recipe for all of my baking tips and tricks!
To make these lucky treats even more special, I packed some up in custom boxes that I made with my Cricut Maker. I love the green glitter card stock and how the shamrock window shows off the macarons!
You can find all of my macaron box template SVG files in my shop.
One batch of Perfect Macarons
- 12 drops leaf green gel food coloring add to meringue
- gold Wilton glitter stars sprinkle over the just piped macarons
- 452 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 480 grams powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 drops lemon yellow gel food coloring
- 50 Lucky Charms Marshmallows reserved, for the center of the macaron
Make the Buttercream Frosting
- Before you begin, make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, whip the room temperature butter on medium-high speed for five minutes. You will see a dramatic change-it will go from yellow to bright white and fluffy.
- Sift the powdered sugar and add half to the mixer. Slowly increase the speed back up to medium-high and mix for five minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the remaining powdered sugar. Slowly increase the speed again and mix for another five minutes.
- Add the vanilla bean paste, cream, and food coloring. Slowly increase the mixer to high to fully incorporate everything. Give the bowl a good stir with a spatula, and transfer to a piping bag.
Make the Lucky Charms Macarons
- After piping the macarons, sprinkle over the gold glitter stars.
- Once the macarons have completely cooled, pipe the filling onto the bottom shell, add in one marshmallow charm, and top with a matching shell.
- Let the macarons rest for 24 hours before enjoying!